Saturday, March 26, 2016

Money, money, money.

10/27/14

Looking at my training plan and trying to schedule in a couple/few more tri's in 2015 to fit in the plan. I'm thinking about doing the Monticelloman Olympic Triathlon on May 3rd in VA (Lake Monticello). Registration is $85 and it's about 3.5 hours away from here. The other one I'm thinking about adding is the Nickel City Olympic Triathlon on July 18th in Buffalo (Gallagher Beach), registration is $70. This would be ideal for a few reasons. The main reason is that it falls between the scheduled Oly and Half Iron tri's in the training plan (from the section that i had to repeat to fit in the Raleigh half). Also, it falls on the same day that our family leaves for hell week in Sampson so I'd be able to make both and have it fit in with my training. The big question mark is still the cruise we are suppose to take with our friends from out west in mid-August. Money will also be pretty tight and I'll definitely have to do a lot of training on the ship. The training is doable (aside from the swimming) as long as I can use the gym facilities on the ship, but it's the money that I'm a little concerned about at this point. I just spent almost $200 on running clothes for cold weather and I'm sure there will be more expenses along the way. It also means a lot of time/leave taken from work. Chris doesn't get and won't have nearly as much time off as I do, so aside from weekends, most other trips/events I'll be going solo. Ugh, so much to try to keep straight. It's exhausting sometimes. I still need to look into nutritionists though, and I think I'm going to pass on the whole coach idea. I'll just have to be really dedicated to the plan I've laid out and rely on my friends to help keep me motivated when I start to feel burned out. Man oh man! It's all so scary, exciting, overwhelming, and everything in between. I hope I can do it, and I hope the hubby will be supportive too. I feel bad for Lexi, but hopefully I'll be ale to take her on some of my shorter runs and stuff when it's cooler out so she gets enough exercise. I also think I may start taking her to daycare more often too, just to  get the excess energy out when I'm too busy. I'm going to board her for our Disney trip, so we will see how that works out and decide if we'll keep taking her to the vet for boarding or try a different place. I like the idea of her being at the vet when we're not around, but she probably gets less play time there too.

11/2/14

I ran 50 min on Wednesday, just in the neighborhood, and it wasn't terrible. I was going to swim Thursday, but decided to go see Brantley Gilbert with the hubby instead. Looking back, swimming probably would have been more useful, but oh well. I just used it as a rest day, which ended up coming in handy this weekend. I ran twice on Friday, once with Lexi for approximately 1.5 miles or so, then on the treadmill for another 1.5 miles (30 min total). I also did some strength training after the treadmill run, so that was good. Halloween was Friday, so I went to one of Chris' co-workers houses for a get together. It was a somewhat far drive, but we had fun and met some cool people. I got up early Saturday morning and went to practice, which was okay, but felt really tired even though we didn't stay up late. I was tired and sniffling the rest of the day/night, so that was miserable. I really could have used a nap, and was planning on running before work, but decided to wait until today, which worked out. It was really chilly today for the run, but not too bad. I did a tempo run in preparation for the half marathon next weekend and that felt pretty good. I had to rush to Walgreens and home for a quick shower before heading to work. I took 15 min of leave because there wasn't enough time. In other news, I bought an ipad this week so I could keep up better with logging my training, following/editing my plan, and for the ability to stream training videos for when I'm using my bike trainer. It was a lot of money that I didn't want to spend, but I was going to need it eventually, so I just bit the bullet. I've been working on getting my plans and logs all situated so it's easier to keep up with them. Will probably use them to keep track of this journal, too. That way I don't have to write everything down.

No comments:

Post a Comment