Saturday, March 26, 2016

Beginning of Build phase Be Iron Fit. Apparently I was really excited about brick workouts - 3/9-17/15

3/9/15

So today technically starts the build phase of my training, but I'll only be building the swim and bike, as I still have to finish rehabbing my leg. So, essentially its base for running but building everything else. Ran 2 miles and walked/ran a third. All seems okay so far! I was running a bit late though, so had to rush to swim practice. Swam for about an hour and 5 min or so, couldn't stay longer because I had to be to work by 2, but it was a good workout nonetheless. We did a set of 12 150's, broken by 50 and descending. 1-4 were 45/40/45, 5-8 were 45/35/45, and 9-12 were 40/35/45. I had a hard time making the :35 intervals and so the last 8 or so were tough. I definitely need to work on speed a bit more, and the extra 1-2 swim practices a week should help with that. Going to try to make the trainer ride with IOSTC tomorrow evening (which means no swim practice in the evening since they are at the same time), but we'll see how that works out. Probably gonna be pretty tired after the quick turn around. Will probably be more likely to ride if I go somewhere to do it with other people, rather than try to do it by myself in the basement....Upon further inspection, it appears that the trainer rides at Natty Greens are done, so there isn't a ride tomorrow. Basement it is, and maybe evening swim practice too!

3/11/15

Opted to swim last night since I was able to. Didn't bike or run though, took Lexi to the dog park to run around instead (she needed it more than I did). My left shoulder is acting up a bit, and all the backstroke last night didn't really help, but I'll get on my rehab exercises today to try to curb any issues. Was suppose to be off work today, and have my heavy workout day today, but got called in to cover sick leave, so I'll be working from 8-11 this morning, then swimming at the noon practice. Hopefully I'll be able to ride and run outside this afternoon as long as its not raining or thundering, but not sure if I will be able to eat before or after. It always seems to depend on the weather. Hopefully I can get all my workouts in today so that I don't have to make any up while Danielle is visiting.

3/13/15

So, two days in a row of doing a brick workout, biked for an hour starting from Whole Foods and riding the greenways around the area. Was a really nice day to be out riding. Not too hot, but sunny. Drove from Whole Foods to NC State to go run. Did my run 2 walk run, which took about 40 min. Felt okay, a little pain in my leg, same general location but inside instead of outside of the leg, but no lasting pain after the run, so it's probably alright. Will keep an eye on it though. Was hoping to swim last night as well, but decided to go to dinner with Chris instead since we were both pretty hungry. Thought maybe I'd try to get up early this morning and swim, but was still really tired when my alarm went off so slept in instead and will swim tomorrow morning. Ended up being a smart choice to sleep in and rest. Went for a 20 mile 1.5 hr bike ride with Tim from IOS Raleigh. It was a bit cool, but not a bad temperature to be riding in. It was nice not riding alone though and going with someone familiar with the area. Also, was able to get some pointers and talk to him a bit along the way, which helps! Got in a bit of hill work and my legs are definitely feeling it, but I need to do as much hill work as possible to build those muscles for my upcoming races. Definitely worth driving a half an hour to ride with people than home on the trainer by myself.






3/13/15 Ride Data



3/16/15

Swam Saturday morning, then finished getting the room ready for my sister and her bf before going to work. Swim practice was really good. Laura put together a great workout. Took Sunday off, since It had been 2 weeks since my last rest day. Hung out with my sis, but felt like all we did all day was eat. Didn't get a lot of sleep since Lexi kept me up half the night. I still feel like I'm recovering from that. Hopefully I'll get to sleep in some tomorrow. I went to swim practice this afternoon, and it was a good practice again. I also did my first 3 mile run since January this evening, which felt pretty good. Paced about a 10 min mile not pushing it, so that's a good sign I think. I may try to get a run and a ride in tomorrow morning since Thursday is suppose to be rainy and I may not be able to get outside to workout. We'll see how much time I have before work. I also want to try to finish dredging the ditch a bit for the next time it rains to see if that makes any difference.


3/17/15

Happy St. Patty's Day!! Celebrated with a brick workout this afternoon, 45 min on the bike followed by a 30 min run, all on campus and in the 80 degree weather. Sunny and warm, not bad riding weather but a bit warm running. Would have done an hour ride but was cutting it close on time since I had to be to work this afternoon. Also dug more of our ditch earlier today so we'll see how it works next time we get some rain. Wish I had more time to play with Lexi and relax a bit, but I guess I'll just have to get used to that. My legs are definitely feeling the workout today though, will try to do some Yoga/stretching this evening. I also didn't grab a protein bar before heading to work, so gonna try to get some chicken and rice for dinner. Will probably try to get an hour bike and another 3 mile run in tomorrow since Thursday is suppose to be rainy, but we'll see how much time I have since I plan on going to the noon practice tomorrow as well.

 
3/17/15 Brick - Ride Map


3/17/15 Brick - Run Map





No comments:

Post a Comment