Saturday, December 10, 2016

DAM Brute Squad Postal Swim - Nov. 30 2016

On November 30th I did the DAM Brute Squad postal swim. On the very last day I could. That's a 200 Fly, 400 IM, 1650 Free, all back to back. Stopping is allowed only between the events, not during them. I was idiotic enough to do this after swimming 3100 yards of the noon RAM practice. I also haven't really been swimming much fly either, so there's that. All things considered my time wasn't horrible, but I know given the right circumstances I could have done much better. I finished in a time of 33 minutes and 38 seconds. That includes about 20 seconds rest between the 200 Fly and 400 IM, and about 10 seconds rest between the 400 IM and 1650 Free. I think this may have been tougher than the 10K postal I did this summer, though I'll probably recover quite a bit faster than that. Hopefully I'll be able to train more butterfly in 2017 and drop my time quite a bit. Fingers crossed. It sure was exhausting. I think Thanksgiving being less than a week before the swim may have had something to do with it. It really took me a few practices not to feel like total garbage after the Holiday. That's actually probably why I swam practice first, just to feel a bit better conditioned for the swim. I didn't push too hard in practice, but I'm not one to really slack off (anymore).

Thanks Darryl for timing me, and Doug and Sue for coming to cheer me on! I sure enjoyed my lunch afterward, until getting called into work that is. The other reason I was probably so tired was because

The picture below has my splits. It doesn't show the stoppage, but it's estimated above.

Brute Squad Postal Split Sheet

The results won't be posted until after December 10th, so I'm not sure how I did, but I'm just glad I was able to complete the challenge!

In another note, I did do the Inside Out Sports Turkey Trot 8K on Thanksgiving morning. I had kept the 2-3 days a week running in my schedule because of it. I PR'd and surprised myself with my time. I'm glad to have all my running races out of the way though, so now I can just focus on swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment