Saturday, March 26, 2016

It's amazing all the great people you meet while training for an Ironman. This is the last entry I made until IMCHOO - 3/23/15

3/23/15

Had a pretty good week working out. got in about 12 hours of training, the highlight being a ride on Saturday with a couple I had just met through the Raleigh Triathlon Training Facebook group. Only ended up swimming on Wednesday. Took Lexi to daycare on Thursday and did a quick 3 mile run, 1 mile walk afterward over by Walnut and Tryon. The temperature didn't feel too bad and I was able to get my run in outside before the rain moved in. I did an hour ride on the trainer that afternoon since it was raining and cold outside, and followed that up with a Jillian Michaels workout.

Went to morning practice on Friday so I could see/talk to Andrea a bit, and aside from it being way early, that wasn't so bad. Proceeded to go home and sleep for about 2 hours afterward, which was a nice luxury :). Since the roads were still a bit yucky and it was kind of chilly, Tim opted for the indoor spin session Friday afternoon, which was fine with me. We did approx an hour and 15 min. I just followed his instructions on when and how much to shift gears, and it was a really good workout, definitely need to motivate myself to do workouts like that on my own at home. Also met Brooks, who was filling in for Gary at IOS that day, and he happens to be a tri coach for about 15 athletes, and was giving me a few pointers while we were spinning. Had to work a day shift Saturday morning, but decided to get up early and take an hour of leave in the am to swim for about 50 min with RAM at Millbrook before work. With the meet this weekend I thought it would be helpful to swim early on Saturday.

As I mentioned above, I posted on a local tri Facebook page asking if anyone wanted to do a 2-2.5 hour ride that afternoon, and got a response from a woman named Lee, who happened to be planning on doing one. She invited me to come out to north Raleigh and ride with her and her husband. It was a bit of a drive, but almost anywhere good to ride around here is going to be. It was really nice to ride with them. Lee is training for the Raleigh 70.3, and her hubby is just riding along, not training for anything specific at the moment. Throughout the ride he kind of stayed with me, giving me tips and pointers, teaching me new and important things about riding, riding in groups, fueling. Well, you get the idea. It was really great that they were so patient and willing to help me out. I think I'm going to take Tony's suggestion and set an alarm on my watch to go off at a 10-15 min interval, so I remember to eat or drink something every so often. Need to get a bento box or something, and need a bit more practice getting my water bottles out and putting them back, but that will come with time. I bought some new snacks yesterday to try on rides, see how it works.

3/21/15 Ride Data

I went to morning practice again this am, way too early, but went home and napped again for a couple hours before getting up and working out with Jillian again. Had planned on doing some Yoga today, but just ran out of time and motivation for it. Plan to run and bike tomorrow, and hopefully be able to bike, run, and swim on Wednesday before work. Plan on Thursday being a rest day.









No comments:

Post a Comment