Thursday, November 24, 2016

Triangle Open Water Series 2016

I had a big goal this year. After finishing 4th overall female for the Triangle Open Water Series in 2015, I was going to try to get in the top 3. Last year I did the 2.4 mile swim on Mother's Day, the 2 mile (Big Deuce) in July, and the 1.2 mile series championship (since it was right after IMCHOO). This year I signed up to do all the 1.2/1 mile races. The Mother's Day race was so much better weather-wise than last year. I finished 2nd overall female in a time of  29:21.91. Topped it off with a 45 mile bike ride from Jordan Lake to my house. Fred and DeGaulle kept me company on the ride.



The second race of the series was the Lil Uno. I swam hard for this one and really pushed. It paid off. Finished 3rd overall female in a time of 26:25. So far I am executing my plan well, but there are a few other women doing just as well or better because both long and short distances are factored in for the overall series awards. I need to have a really good race for the series championship race.


 Well, as fate would have it, Hurricane Matthew put a damper on things and the third race of the series got cancelled. Overall series point standings, 4th again. Outside looking in. More motivation to come back next year with the same goal and hope that mother nature doesn't get in the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment