Saturday, January 16, 2016

First 14 mile run - October 20th, 2014

I swapped shifts with one of my coworkers so I could do my 14 mile run on a day that was a bit less cold and windy, which ended up working out. I did some yoga before my run. Decided to try a different route instead of the usual greenway that I've been doing. I really enjoyed the run. It felt like springtime back home and the run felt really comfortable. There were a few hiccups to the run, but that was due to mapping a route I wasn't familiar with. I had to cut through some one's yard and go down a grassy hill to a gravel road at around the 7 mile mark. That was after getting turned around and getting my phone out to figure out where to go. Other than that, I had a few missed turns that I had to double back on, but no major issues. I got to see a lot of horses and rural landscapes. The terrain was rough at times, but for the most part was okay. I paced about 11 min/mi through the run and kept my HR between 70% and 80% of max most of the way. I didn't start feeling soreness in my knees until about 12 miles or so, and even then I felt good enough to keep going. It took me roughly 2:37 to finish. I was pretty sore that night though, so I took some ibuprofen and stretched before bed. I felt pretty good today, just a little sore, which I think is par for the course. I may try to do an easy 3 miles with the run club tonight, if I'm still feeling good.


No comments:

Post a Comment