Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Swim The Suck 2018

This will be short, copied and pasted from my Facebook post for brevity.

What a weekend! Traveled to Chattanooga for Swim The Suck. At the pre-race dinner I won an entry into the SCAR SWIM this coming April, a swim I had planned to save up for and do as a 40th birthday celebration. 

The swim, which is approximately 10.4 miles was the following day. There was a descent current at the start, but outflows were cranked down just after the start, so the race swam like a 10 mile race. My first Suck, finished in just over 4 hours (4:00.27). It was tough but fun and overall a successful race weekend! 


Many thanks to John for being my pilot, Chris for coming to cheer me on, and Fred and Lisa for doing the race with me. Can’t wait for April! 

No photo description available.  Image may contain: cloud, sky, mountain, tree, outdoor, nature and water








No comments:

Post a Comment